Configuring the TeamUp database is a prerequisite for using TeamUp. You can configure and test the connection to the database, take backup, archive data and view the dashboard through this option.
Only an admin user can configure TeamUp. If you’re an admin user and still not able to access TeamUp in the Administration Panel, then you’ll need to enable TeamUp first.
To Configure TeamUp:
1. In the Smarten Navigation Panel, Click TeamUp
2. In the TeamUp Menu, Click General Configuration
TEAMUP GENERAL CONFIGURATION
3. In The Enable TeamUp field, select Yes to enable TeamUp.
When you select Yes, the database configuration will be displayed. (Refer below)
4. In the Database field, select the type of database from the drop-down list. The options are: MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server.
5. In the Host name field, enter the host name of the server on which the database is hosted.
6. In the Port number field, enter the port number of the server on which the database is hosted.
7. In the Database name field, enter the name of database for TeamUp.
8. In the Username field, enter the name of the user to access the database.
9. In the Password field, enter the password of the user.
10. In the Other connection parameters field, enter any other connection parameters. It is optional to enter.
11. Click TEST CONNECTION to check the connection to the database.
12. In the Backup directory field, enter the path for backup of the TeamUp database. The backup will be stored in the form of an xls file.
13. Click Default to enter the default path for backup.
14. Click SAVE to save the settings.
Please note that all the data of TeamUp will be stored in the database specified in the configuration.
Note: This article is based on Smarten Version 5.0. This may or may not be relevant to the Smarten version you may be using.