Working with E-mail Delivery and Publishing Task
For scheduled email deliveries of Smarten Front-End Objects in form of downloadable end reports, Smarten provides the functionality of setting a Delivery and Publishing task.
We can send objects in multiple available file formats like Excel, PDF, PNG and JPG to multiple users at the same time in a scheduled fashion periodically.
The following are the steps for configuring a new delivery and publishing task, or updating an existing delivery and publishing task.
A. Configure a Delivery and Publishing Task
1) Go to Publishing Agent.
2) Add the new publishing agent and configure it by adding the reports to be sent on the email.
3) In this panel we need to add object and define the required file formats in which we want to share Smarten objects via e-mail.
4) Here in this panel the list of all the Smarten users will be available wherein we add all the recipients to whom we want to send email to by adding users in the Selected Users column.
5) In this panel we need to set the scheduler time and date on which the scheduler will get execute.
6) Click on Ok.
B. Updating an existing Delivery and publishing task:-
1) Go to Administrator (using an admin user) for checking the listing of all the existing delivery and publishing tasks created by all the Smarten users in your server. Please Note: If you wish to update a task created by your own user, then that task will also be available in the Publishing Agent task listing (the first option of the menu in the following screenshot). In that you can select your task that you wish to edit and proceed with the step 3 onward.
2) Open Scheduler menu from the left panel and in that open the Delivery and Publishing Task Section.
3) Edit the Scheduler task which needs to update (you will need to search it from the list of tasks present). For editing, click the checkbox in front of the task and click on the pen icon in the toolbar.
4) Edit the recipients or you can update the scheduler date and time as required.
5) Click on OK.